To all Pet Owners.

I would like to thank everyone who helped Paul and I with yesterdays emergency, you are so awesome in many ways. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Like every morning I went out to feed four stray cats in the lane by our house, only to find one of the cats in a lot of pain, shaking and fitting, it was terrible. At that moment I did not know what was wrong so I ran to my husband and asked him to go for help. Which he did, to Chris and Virginie’s home. When Chris came I could see by the pain on his face what he was thinking.

Chris made a few phone calls then Paul and I rushed the cat to the emergency vet who said that she had been poisoned but would live after a lot of care. At that point my crying turned to joy, I really thought that we would hear the worse. Now we are waiting for an update today from the vet.

In better times, two of the strays and our Cleo (in the middle) posing for the camera.
 

We had not been home very long when a neighbour found another of the stray cats with the same symptoms, she was also rushed to the emergency vet and will also live after treatment and care.

Chris, Virginie, Jan and Loren, thank you so much for the offer of helping Paul and I with the vet fees. However, later in the day the local Association Pirate (cat rescue) said that they would pay all fees. At that point more crying,

Also, praise for the vets at Clinique Veternaire Des Fauvettes in Gourdon for all the amazing work that they do.

We did keep our cats house bound yesterday which was very stressful for them but they have been in the courtyard and the lane this morning. Paul washed the lane yesterday, but it is still a fear due to the fact they we do not know what it was that poisoned them.

So please be aware and let me know if any more of the precious furry friends become sick. I do not want any more to suffer in this terrible way.
 
 

Advertisements