Yesterday afternoon Paul and I heard two fire engines go by our home at full speed with blue lights and sirens. It was not until this morning when we where going out of the village on the road to Castelnaud that we were able to see the cause, a house fire had devastated this property.
The roof and the interior, all gone.
As you can see a terrible mess, it looks like only the stone walls are left. Thank goodness no one was hurt, I believe that it is a holiday home and was unoccupied, a great shock for the owners.
A terrible loss.
There was a fire in a property along the lane which runs next to our home a few years ago. The owners had recently finished renovating the property when they were informed of the fire.